Thursday, January 4, 2018

Today is another day in the sobersphere.  I feel good, I have slept more soundly the past two nights.  The first night I slept terribly, not sure if that was alcohol withdrawal or if I just had a bad night of sleep.  I do feel like I own the day in the morning.  Wine o'clock is the worst time for me.  Right after work, I hear it calling my name.  That does not mean I will let alcohol win.   I won't.....hear me now, I will stay alcohol free this month.  I have a long, busy day ahead of me, and will get no days off this week so it is niggling at the back of my mind that this week will be unbearable without a break.  I can do this, I know I can.  Its ridiculous that I have to deal with this. 

Its funny, when I read blogs, it seems like everyone starts out by saying they don't drink in the morning, or blackout, or they are highly functioning.  My own opinion is, if you drink too much, you are not functioning at your highest level.  I function every day, work long hours, do charity work, am on a board, but I feel like I drag myself though all of this.  I may "get by" and maybe others would be surprised that I drink like I do, but in reality, I am less patient with people, I am bossy, and secretly insecure.  I know these things are related to alcohol.  Also, I am fat!  I used to be so athletic, I am now porky.  When I saw how many calories I was consuming in the Dry January app, I realized it would be impossible not to lose weight just be cutting the alcohol calories. 

On to another day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment