Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Day 24.....dare I say its getting easier?

Dare I say it?  I am on day 24 and I'm feeling great.  This month so far as been like taking a magic happy pill.  I am more productive at work, I am losing weight, I have been waking up in a good mood.   It has gotten easier at night.  I don't get that thrill of the work day being done and knowing I can jump into a bottle of wine as soon as I get home.  I just know that I won't be drinking tonight, so its easier to not drink.  The most difficult thing is that I have always had in the back of my mind that I would give myself permission to drink on February 1st.  I know how that will end up, just as it has a million times before.   I will gradually (within the week) be right back where I was.  I will have broken the seal.  I will drink February 1st with plans to not drink the next day, or only have a few on the weekend, then I'll drink February 2nd, because I didn't drank that much on the first, and hey, I've got this now.  February third will be a Saturday and I'll allow myself "this one day" to drink more because its the weekend and I'll drink too much. Then Sunday i will fell crummy and will be lazy, and depressed and eat junk food.  Sunday night I will have to drink because the depression is killing me, then Monday I'll start the week off with a bad attitude.

 So, this is my story.  This is exactly what will happen......so, I'm going to do a 100 days with no alcohol challenge.  I have a trip to Las Vegas, a formal dinner party, my birthday and my husband's birthday, and the Superbowl during these months.  "Reasons' to drink.  I am putting it out there.  I am going 100 days without alcohol.  That didn't feel invigorating to say, but I said it nonetheless.  More adventures later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment